What are the expectations of a CASA volunteer?There are a number of them, but the main goal is to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children within the Juvenile Court system. In order to do this, our volunteers must be able to;
• Keep all client and court information confidential
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Make decisions and set goals
• Respect and relate to people from various backgrounds (economic, cultural, educational) in a variety of settings
• Transport self to a variety of locations
• Deal with hostility, anger, and other emotional attitudes.
• Maintain objectivity and flexibility
• Gather and record factual information accurately
• Understand the basics of child development and family relationships
WHAT DOES A
ATTEND A GENERAL INFORMATION MEETING
Interested in becoming a
Take the first step and attend one of our
General Information Meetings.
Unable to join us for one of the above dates?
Or have a group you would like us to present at? Fill out the form below and our team will be in touch with you!
Tuesday, May 19th
Thursday, June 4th
INQUIRE ABOUT VOLUNTEERING!
All persons interested in volunteering for CASA Kane County must complete the inquiry form below. An automatic email will be sent confirming receipt of the inquiry form. Please know that receipt of an inquiry does not guarantee placement as a volunteer. After reviewing your inquiry, a member of our team will be in contact with you to discuss next steps.