The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities are to support the Executive Director, staff, CASA volunteers, Board of Directors, and donors; and coordinate the office logistics and activities. The Administrative Assistant is a knowledgeable person of office procedures and is resourceful, flexible, and supportive while also having the capacity to multi-task, be efficient and thorough with a positive attitude.
- Education: Two-year degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a professional office environment in an administrative function.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as various Internet browsers, and database skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures, correct English usage (grammar, spelling, punctuation), and basic arithmetic computations.
- Competency in the use and operation of standard office equipment (copiers/fax machines, postage meters).
- Attention to detail with documentation including strong formatting skills.
- Experience with purchasing and equipment procurement helpful.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain effective office systems and procedures.
- Ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs including re-prioritizing work as necessary.
- Ability to take initiative to make decisions/choices without direct supervision; analytical ability to find solutions to various administrative tasks and prioritize work.
- Complete assignments within established time frames.
- Nonprofit organization experience helpful.
- Commitment to CASA Kane County’s goals and mission.
- Bi-lingual skills helpful.
- Provides general administrative support to the CASA office including receptionist and customer service.
- Assists staff, board of directors, CASA volunteers and donors with administrative support as needed.
- Maintains Outlook Contacts for staff, volunteers, board of directors and committees, vendors and business contacts; manages Outlook Calendar for meetings, events and staff schedules.
- Provides answers to routine questions and refer callers to appropriate staff members as needed.
- Acts as gatekeeper to office by monitoring and assisting visitors.
- Assists with various organizational meetings to set up meeting room, food and materials.
- Facilities management – front office, conference rooms, annex and storage areas, etc.
- Maintains break room supplies and storage
- Maintenance/cleaning needs (coordinate with courthouse personnel)
- Manages general storage areas
- Coordinates maintenance/repair of equipment (copy machine, printers, shredder and postage meter)
- Manages office supplies inventory and storage
- Manages IT and telephone services
- Manages document destruction requirements as needed
- Manages distribution of daily incoming mail, packages, and faxes; manages outgoing mail and supplies (send certified mail, purchase stamps from local post office, etc.)
- Assists with creation and revisions of organization documents and forms
- Assists with fundraising events and other organizational activities, if needed
- Assists with coordination of annual National CASA Conference (registration and travel arrangements)
- Assists with donor and volunteer stewardship functions (sending birthday and thank you cards and special occasion flowers)
- Runs errands and other job related duties as assigned.
- Performance Review Policy
- Vacation and Holiday Pay (court schedule)
- Health Insurance Reimbursement (80% - employee only cost)
- Retirement Plan (403b) 3% match by CASA
Part-Time, 30-32 hours per week
Inquiries and Correspondence
Executive Office Administrator
CASA Kane County
100 S. Third Street – Suite 460
Geneva, IL 60134
Please include: Resume, Cover Letter, References, Salary History