Volunteer & Education Coordinator
An immediate opening for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented event and outreach professional to join the CASA Kane County team. The Volunteer and Education coordinator is responsible for the coordination of education, recruitment and outreach initiatives for the organization.
The Volunteer and Education Coordinator reports to the Director of Advocate Education and will be assisting with program outreach, recruitment, volunteer recognition, and the management of events. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for coordinating volunteers to assist with the organization's outreach initiatives that will enhance greater awareness and partnership with CASA Kane County.
The Volunteer and Education Coordinator should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3-5 years experience in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal and professional integrity
- Computer skills in Outlook, Microsoft Word and other database programs
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle timelines efficiently
- Event, volunteer and professional office experience
- Flexibility in schedule as required in order to carry out activities
- Self-starter who is goal-orientated and brings a high level of energy to a dynamic team
- Demonstrates professional ability to interact positively in many different settings with CASA volunteers; attorneys and other court personnel; media; staff members and board members
- Experience in organizing and supporting volunteers
- Experience in training and recruitment and/or teaching
- Public speaking experience
- Commitment to CASA Kane County's goals and mission
- Coordinates volunteers to support the outreach and internal needs of the program with director.
- Assists with newsletters, marketing, press releases and electronic communications.
- Manages the following: Annual Educational Conference, Foster Care Youth Giving Initiative and Volunteer Recognition Evening.
- Schedules all in-service programs for the on-going education for CASA volunteers.
- Assist with recruitment efforts and attend meetings with various community groups.
- Assists with presentations/speaking engagements for outreach team and directors.
- Prepare and organize training manuals and educational material.
- Supports the recruiting, scheduling, interviewing screening and facilitation of the training of new CASA volunteers.
- Assist with scheduling general information meetings.
- Coordinate new CASA volunteer information into ETO and Outlook including training, in service hours and completion.
- Manages references and follow through for new CASA volunteers.
- Performs and tracks background checks, social security verification, and fingerprinting.
- Monitors and enters in-service credits for CASA volunteers.
- Oversees the organization's regional quarterly meetings with CASA volunteers.
- Manages list of locations, contacts and people to host all trainings.
- Track and respond to volunteer inquiries and work with marketing team.
- Manages the Resource Database and communicates to the appropriate people and messaging.
- Maintains organizations library and volunteer educational supplies.
- Participates in performance evaluations for this position.
- Facilitates organizational surveys to CASA volunteers and constituents.
- Performance Review Policy
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Medical Reimbursement (Employee)
- Retirement Plan
Inquiries and Correspondence
CASA Kane County
100 S. Third Street
Geneva, IL 60134
Please include: Resume, Cover Letter, References, Writing samples, Salary History